This episode is being sponsored by Forecast Salon located in Homewood Alabama. Forecast is a hair salon on a mission to shape a movement in the beauty industry focusing on education, fashion, and creativity. Forecast strives to train stylists with the latest in education to provide their guests with the latest trends. Follow them on Instagram @forecastsalon or find them online at https://www.forecastsalon.com/
As this podcast goes to air, we are heading into the light of a Full Moon. The Full Moon brings you the opportunity to vibrate at a higher level by shedding light on what lowers your vibrations. With the help of the Moon, you can see thoughts, feelings, and even words you use to block yourself from attracting your dreams.
This moon is in the sign of Leo and is represented by the regal lion of the zodiac.
It embodies the energies of courage, leadership, compassion, vulnerability, strength, and love reminding you to feel who you really are by opening your heart and sharing your strengths out into the world.
Acknowledging your truth takes courage and vulnerability. It’s not always easy to honor yourself or become visible. This Full Moon, though, is a time to see yourself clearly! To stand in your truth… to own your power .. feel it right into your solar plexus.
All too often as Empaths and Sensitive souls, it can be easy to lose this power giving way to helping others. Empaths and the Full Moon are the subjects of this week’s episode.
Finding ways to tend to the struggles with the RITES in your everyday life can add inspiration, amusement, and joy.
Rites being Reiki… Intuition…Tarot… EFT and Stones and Crystals.
These tools can help free you from the excess stress that Is going on in the world.
All these cosmic forces and energy alignments, I talk about in my Energy Focus for the Week which you can find live on Sunday nights on Instagram and Facebook. We talk about what’s going on, we align our energy, set intentions for the week and I pull the Tarot cards for guidance. Join me or catch the replay.
As we move through these comic transitions, now is the time to clean up your energy with an Energy-Clearing session. Schedule one now… in person or online. When you work with the energy body, it helps to release the old patterns and all that old stuff.
When you start going within and connecting to your soul and your spirit, you will find your answers. I have just a few spots left for my private mentoring this winter..the Empowered Spirit Private Mentoring Program.
*Warning: This work will change your life. It can seriously improve your Body, Mind, and Spirit.
Side Effects: You may see yourself or others as they really are. You may experience loss of excess baggage, resulting in major life changes. You may become the person you were really meant to be. My Empowered Spirit Program can help you upgrade your spiritual path.
Schedule a Spiritual Upgrade Breakthrough call with me and let’s talk about how my programs can help you.
In today’s episode, as the Full Moon in Leo comes in, I wanted to offer some guidance for the Empath. Guidance on what an Empath is and how to work with the cosmic forces.
What does a full moon have to do with empathic energy?
How does the extra intuitive light of the moon affect you?
How can you work with this energy instead of against it?
“Empaths have an extremely reactive neurological system and don’t have the same filters that other people do to block out stimulations.’ Dr. Judy Orloff
What’s the difference between sensitive people and empaths?
Both are very sensitive and feel emotions but the difference is that Empaths take on the emotions in the body as if it is their emotions, they can’t tell the difference. Whereas Sensitive people can tell the difference in what they are feeling and the others around them.
There have been a lot of studies around empathy and now there is even Science that explains it, thanks to Dr. Orloff, and others, work.
- The mirror neuron system in the brain is responsible for compassion and empaths are thought to have hyper-responsive mirror neurons that deeply resonate with other people’s feelings. They are feeling more.
- The electromagnetic fields of an empath are highly charged with stronger emotional and physical responses.
- Introverted empaths need less dopamine to feel happy because they have an increased dopamine sensitivity. This means that they are very content with alone time needing less external stimulation from social gatherings.
- Synesthesia is another reason. This is where two different senses are paired in the brain. Like seeing color when you hear music or actually tasting words, so you are feeling and having sensations at the same time.
Having skills as an Empath to understand these differences is so important, especially in growing and trusting your intuition. Without training and knowing how to use energetic boundaries, you can take in too much energy and be all other the place not knowing whose energy you have.
Untrained and not knowing, Empaths tend to absorb the impact of stressful emotions of the world. It can trigger panic attacks, depression, food, sex, and/or drug binges. This excess amount of emotions trigger physical symptoms such as fatigue, anxiety, and autoimmune disorders like fibromyalgia.
So how do you know if you’re an empath?
There are a few questions you can ask yourself.
- Have you ever been labeled as too emotional?
- What about being overly sensitive?
- If a friend is distraught, do you start feeling it too?
- Are your feelings easily hurt?
- Are you emotionally drained by crowds?
- Do you require time alone to revive?
- Do your nerves get jarred by noise, smells, or excessive talk?
- Do you overeat to cope with emotional stress?
- Are you afraid of becoming engulfed by intimate relationships?
A great question to ask yourself is how much emotional energy are you taking on for others and how are you sending your emotional energy out?
Know that during this time as the light of the moon builds, is a time to take care of yourself. Realize it’s okay that sometimes you’re gonna be tired or that it’s gonna be draining, and create a sacred space for yourself to sit, relax, refresh, and renew your energy.
Remember during and around the full Moon, emotions can feel amplified. Perhaps only a fraction of these emotions is yours
Trust that you can learn how to work with your empathic nature.
Here are 7 Tips you can do to Empower the Empath in you:
- Follow the cycles of the moon so you know when the moon is full.
- Know what sign the moon is in and know what sign you are and what sign your moon is in. (This alone will teach you a lot about yourself.)
- Plan some time to be alone and create a ceremony.
- Freshen up your sacred space.
- Gather your favorite crystals – crystals are our allies… and can help absorb some of this for you.
- Pull some Tarot or Oracle cards and journal your thoughts and especially your feelings. Getting them out of your head and on paper helps to release them.
- Connect with Mother Earth as you align with the Moon and radiate your light!
As you move through this full moon and these cosmic forces, check in with your energy. Look at your disciplines. Notice your energetic boundaries with yourself and others.
Bring in the intuitive energy that Aquarius offers.
Open your mind.
Bring in the power that Leo offers.
Bring in the loving, intuitive, reflective energy the moon offers us.
Follow along with the meditation to activate this powerful energy for you.
Thanks again for listening.
To your Spirit,
Episode Credits: Sound Engineer: Laarni Andres https://www.facebook.com/laarni.andres.7
February 4, 2023
Spiritualist - Author - Podcaster
Energy Medicine Teacher